Monday, June 1, 2009

Never Too Old for Bounce Houses

I had a sweet weekend of relaxation with great fellowship. Saturday I lounged by the pool and realized that in Orlando you can get as tan in one hour as you can in one whole weekend in the sun in Missouri. That night I went to my boss' house to have dinner. His family is so funny and precious. We talked and probably played the longest game of Apples to Apples that I ever played in my life. It was fun to talk about places we've gone to serve. They have been to Santa Cruz, Bolivia and it was a gift to share that experience with them. Also got to talk anime and Joss Whedon's firefly. Who knew?
Sunday was laid back and I started listening to Brookside's latest sermon series. Definitely gave some food for thought. I will try to keep up but I'm determined to try and find a church home for this summer starting this Sunday. I know there's a church near here... there are signs. lol.
Sunday was also Cassie's 20th birthday party. And to celebrate such there was a bounce house.
Once you get over the age of 13 bounce houses get less able to withstand the bouncing. This was apparent by the number of times it collapsed.
Collapsing bounce house

Inside the collapsed bounce house

After all the fun and games I went with her to her church's college service. The spirit was definitely in that place. You could feel it stirring your heart. In the events of the past few days I have decided I am going to pursue people. I am sitting back hoping people come and gather around me, that's not right. I need to create community while I'm here. Luckily I already have people coming around me, which is sweet.
Today I finished the rough cut for Magdalena.... but apparently it will no longer be called this so we came up with some new names. "Not Magdalena" "Woman, why are you smiling?" "Happy Women" "What Women Really Want" "Same Film Different Name" This is why we are in post-production and not in charge of title making. I thought we should just go for "Sample Text" because that's what popped up first on the screen. But oh well. Tomorrow I help build a computer. If Orlando is blown off the map you'll know what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment