Thursday, February 24, 2011

Childish

It's 2am...almost and I've been up sending resumes. What is my life?

But as I was typing out the same few paragraphs over email I was thinking how much I wanted to just curl up in a ball, drink hot chocolate, be hugged and watch a disney movie. And then (when I should have been making sure my email was working - which it wasn't) I started to miss being a kid and thinking of funny childhood memories. One of the funniest that came to mind was from right after the movie the Lion King came out. Shortly after watching it, I was lying under the kitchen table (you know cuz that's what most children do). I think my dad was saying something to me, requesting me to do something and I thought it would be a good time to quote something from the movie I had just seen. So out of my mouth popped "I'm surrounded by idiots." I learned fast that quoting Scar was not a good life choice.

I giggled to myself and then noticed that my email hadn't sent the last six emails. To which I realized, I'm not a child. I'm a 22 year old struggling to have faith that no matter what I do is inside God's will. And at that moment Gods will was to send a bajillion resumes to places other than the JESUS Film to have a clear idea of where God wants me. I re-sent the emails and now I'm back at 2am. Tired. And still wishing I could by lying under a table quoting Scar.

Which I may do...later today.

1 comment:

  1. I learned fast that quoting Scar was not a good life choice.

    This is awesome, just like you!

    ReplyDelete