Friday, June 12, 2009

Glory, glorious

Week 3 done!
This is going by too fast. I already feel like this is real life and not just a summer that afterwards I will leave and continue school. People will talk about next year and I'll get excited... just to immediately remember that as of right now there is no next year for me with them.
I'm currently working on all sorts of things related to the repackaging of Magdalena... including some very experimental stuff with rotoscoping and frame by frame work. Not sure how successful it will turn out but it is good experience.
I met with two of the women who are helping disciple me this summer and it was so cool how God showed me similar things through both of them. A. I rely too much on myself and need to take more things to God. B. In realizing (A) I must also rely on the Holy Spirit because that is the part of God that he has given us to guide us. Along with this Psalm 6 came up in my bible reading for the week, in which part of it says "the Lord has heard my plea; the Lord accepts my prayer." All of this was very sweet in a time that I realized I was listening to many voices that weren't God, especially in the confidence and insecurity areas of my mind. Prayer is becoming increasingly a more beautiful thing to embrace for me and I have prayed in groups a lot more which puts my heart at ease. Slowly moving what God thinks of me to a higher pedestal than what people think of me.
Along with this one song's lyrics have caught me all week - Empire by as cities burn. "'Cause I was a pharisee, I never saw my need for grace; Then your love came to me stood next to mine, and I saw that I was poor... We are glory, glorious not from what we've done, but being the least." I can't describe what these lyrics have done to my heart this week.
Now for some chronicled events :P. I went to Universal's City Walk and got to see all the iconic signs etc.
Cassie and I in front of the Universal globe

(also got to get Cheesecake Factory cheesecake before hand) The next day I went to the beach with some of the Travel Team from JF.
Me at the beach :D (again)

It was great to solidify some friendships there and just live life and hear great stories of travels from them. That night I decided to go do something for myself and not wait for someone to invite me. And that was to go see a movie at Downtown Disney. I will probably go back to Downtown Disney partially because I walked quickly through it to get to see "UP" in 3D on time :P But "UP" is a super cute movie that I think all need to see.
I went to a church on Sunday that I'm pretty sure I'll return to this Sunday. It's small, the worship was good (almost all songs I didn't know - a first), and the sermon was great. Everyone greeted me almost immediately and I got invited to meet their interns that they have so I have people my own age (have I done that? no. why? internet problems made it so I didn't have their office number. sleep problems made me too exhausted to call anyone but my mom. time conflicts made time impossible to call them.) That is my goal this week! Hopefully their pastor will remember me and pursue me in this. Definitely praying about this! That night went to Cassie's church again for a night of worship. It was great more or less because of the enthusiasm everyone had while praising Jesus. So cool to be a part of.
'Nyways. Recently I have been trying to hang out with the Travel Team a little more but unfortunately a lot have left and will be leaving because of trips and staff training.
And just today I went to De Leon Springs for the hardest working day of my life. (haha)
De Leon Springs

The video team had a retreat today and it was great. The water was freeeeezing. (72 while it was 95 air temp) But it was fun to eat and just hang around with everyone and their families. :) I re-realized that lil kids are very truthful and very inquisitive. (Why are your nails painted green, why not pink? What is that? *point to eyebrow ring*) That and just how silly and peanut m&ms addicted the video team is. I love these guys... Why is this only a summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment