Friday, July 3, 2009

Incline your ear and come to me...

hear, that your soul may live."
Isaiah 55:3. Probably my uplifting verse of the week. I found it "randomly." My bible flipped open to it after I had just looked at James3:4-6 and felt down about not finding anything really to dwell on in those verses. It's like a father talking to a child. Calming them through the turbulence of life. I wrote about it stating, "Breathe. Relax. Rest in the arms of the Father."
I even drew a picture to exemplify what I was feeling. I want to perfect it. Add some water colors...etc. We'll see. I have been drawing and imagining a LOT lately. Good? Bad? We'll see :P
But along with that creativity comes some craziness. Example: I texted my friend, Ashley, "There be giants in these parts." Because I found giant tea cups. I'm weird therefore I entertain?
Now... wal-mart. You see, I was at wal-mart getting my tire "fixed." You know... the one from the previous post. The one pretending to be flat. Yes. I say pretending. Nothing was wrong with it. All the automotive guys at wal-mart stared at me like I was crazy, spoke rapidly in spanish, and handed me back my keys.
But that night, and here is how cool God is, my travel team friend found that the car she was borrowing from another travel teamer had mostly low/flat tires but she had no tire gauge and no knowledge on how to quickly fix the tires with air. Who had a newly acquired tire gauge and newly acquired speed at the air pump? Well I did from my previous day of craziness. God had a plan for that tire fake-out. I was just surprised at how blatant it was.
Speaking out of how obvious God's beauty is. Here is the amazing looking clouds that threaten to produce every day. The coolest looking clouds on Earth (at least in the US). I'm convinced.
My neighbors think I'm crazy. I stand outside taking pictures of the sky.

At work I have made Jesus headless... is that blasphemous? Well he's headless for now... he'll have a head again and this time it will be the right head. Hopefully not looking like a jibjab cartoon. Most of my coworkers are thrilled with headless Jesus and thinking about marketing it as Halloween version. I'm sure it will go over well. I'm working on a new project that is transcribing CMA(Christian Motorcyclist Association) videos. Soundbooth is supposed to transcribe but Soundbooth + Southern accents = nonsensical words. So I will be fixing that. Tomorrow(later today). On my day off. I will also be working on the revamped bethechangevacations.org website and my co-op report. Fun day. At least there's a potluck at the end of the day and the next day is the 4th.

Yay! Happy Birthday Nation!

No comments:

Post a Comment