Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Majoring in loitering and minoring in cake

I love my co-workers... a lot.
We've had an increase in deserts around here probably because all of post-production has an addiction to sweet things. (also probably because of all the 4th of July parties lately and leftovers). Well today we had pie. Mostly apple but lots of pie. And what do I hear? Not normal excitement over apple pie but, "Ooo! Second breakfast."
To top it off a light saber fight happened today as well. It started that I threw a flying monkey at one of my co-workers. He responded by whipping out his iphone with his lightsaber app. And in response to that, my other co-worker took off a piece of his cubicle and they had a "lightsaber" fight in between the cubicles. To say I laughed until I cried would be an understatement.
We had a good bye party for two of the travel team guys and there was cake. And "miraculously" all of the post-production guys were there. My co-worker who took apart his cube to make a lightsaber was staring at the cake and said, "I went to school for this." He went one to say, "Yeah you know. I majored in loitering and minored in cake." I will miss them when I leave in a month.
Me at work...notice the flying monkey

Today was hard. Lots of stress but I got through it. It was a trial but I continued through. I realized recently along with this that relying on the Spirit and spending time with Jesus should be about pleasing God. He is pleased just by me existing in a walk with him. I caught myself recently seeing my time with Jesus as a way to appease God so I didn't have a bad day the next day. Albeit...days after I don't have my Jesus time I have trying days but on those days I can blame my lack of time alotted only for Jesus. Like blaming Karma. Which is bad. I should spend time with Jesus, led by the Spirit, because I want to connect with him and hear God's words on a deep and meaningful level.
I recently heard this... "Being hungry for Jesus means desiring a deeper walk with him today than you had yesterday." That is so cool to me. And so challenging...

No comments:

Post a Comment