Sunday, July 12, 2009

It's begun...

...the exodus of CCCI and JF. If there has been little to no people working this past month there is absolutely no one working now...and even less after this week. It will be an experience.
I had my advisor come by and I was approved (I'm pretty sure) for getting credit for this as an co-op. He seemed overwhelmed. A. CCCI HQ is huge. B. JF spares no expense on its Master Studio equipment C. People are largely welcoming and will love to talk and learn things about you even if you are just there for an hour. I had to talk/guide/entertain him for an hour because he was 3 hours early but it went over smoothly besides that. I had my co-worker from Cleveland chase him down and talk to him. It was quite funny. Unfortunately no flying monkey or light saber fights happened while he was around. Also, the poor guy was doomed for two days of rain while he was in "sunny" Florida but the sun finally showed up on Saturday. So hopefully he gets to enjoy some days on the beach.
I have gotten to talk to some of my friends who just got back from Summer Project and it is so cool to hear how God is working all around the world right now. The stories make you mourn for the way people are living yet be equally joyous for the peoples' lives that are being touched.
As well as having friends coming back, I have friends leaving. For Cru's staff training as well as for Nigeria. A travel team group of women leaves later today and will get back just before I leave. I will see them again but it will be for a short time. It's sad but I know I'll see them again, and if not on this earth, in heaven.
My time here is winding down. One month left. Already thinking about whether or not I'll be back with the Orlando Summer Project next year. It's up to God. But I would love to come back and JF, especially, is willing to be really flexible when it comes to scheduling since next year my brother graduates from high school and I want to be there for that. So we'll see. I'm not going to worry about it right now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment