Friday, July 17, 2009

The painful part of being an intern...

...is transitioning into the "leaving" part. I feel like I have been here for AGES when in fact I've only been here for 9ish weeks. I have 3 more weeks and then I depart back home for a few days and then to school.
I said good bye to one of my disciplers. She will be gone for 3 weeks and won't be back until the day after I leave. I had just a great time with her. Lots of good laughs.
Lots of laughs

Lots of good laughs has been the theme for this week. Most people are gone for CSU and so now it's just us crazy people. One of my friends got new contacts and she can't see up close. This resulted in her walking into a tree, me having to read her coupons, and me noticing that the film she cut up to hand to tour guests did not contain Jesus and in fact had some random guy in them.
I had to remind her that Jesus wears white in all/most of the shots and she said the person in the film was wearing white. To which I had to inform her that he had a white beard and was not wearing white.
I love talking with people that are older than me and have really ridiculous senses of humor. It is so much fun. One instance is my boss. His hair is now blue... because he declared today "Blue Day." Another example is one guy who "retired" last year. We went to lunch with him. He and my friend mentioned above were in the front. They're both older than 50, whereas Steve and me in the back are younger...by a lot. They were joking in the front how they were ready to go home to Jesus as we were driving to Quiznos. We had to remind them that we couldn't wait to go home to Heaven but we didn't want to go just yet. Probably one of the scariest/funniest experiences.
At Quiznos we had fun joking about the Michigan and Ohio rivalry. We also had fun with Quiznos trays.
Steve with his thought/speech bubble

In work I am done with my Magdalena edits. I'm kinda glad. I'm now working on the HD version, and some other random projects. The head replacement is still happening as well. :P
I have grown a lot but I will miss this place...a LOT. The next 3 weeks will be full of fun, laughs, and then those dreaded goodbyes.
Oh Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment