Monday, December 7, 2009

One more year older and maybe a little more mature...maybe

So today is the big day. As of right now I just turned 21. Am I any where close to acting like an adult...no. Lol. I spent my "birthday celebration" day playing with play-doh, eating Indian food, and watching the Disney Robin Hood. Not all at once mind you. It was really sweet to celebrate it with people who care about me and remembering that there others that care about me that couldn't be with me.

I've been slowly letting God take control of everything which is SO hard for me. Every time I give him something I take something else. I've also realized that this tends to be the root of all my problems. I try to control time and give up focusing on my spiritual self or social self and dip into a depression. I am now trying to work on how I use my time. Balancing my social, spiritual and school life because school isn't all that important, not if the rest of you is at stake.

This weekend has been a sweet example of how I should live. I've been busy finishing a final project for video but I have also been hanging out with friends for my birthday celebration etc but I've been connecting with people and God in a spiritual way as well. I'm so blessed to have so many people praying and supporting me.

So...Happy Birthday to me. I've made it this far and its going to be so cool to see what God continues to do in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment