Sunday, November 28, 2010

Plane Ponderings

So today I flew back from St. Louis to Toledo so I could return for the last 3 weeks of the semester. I like planes. I like the time I have to read and do homework with no distractions such as the internet. I love people watching. I do not particularly like long layovers though. I get nervous that my flight will get cancelled and I'll be stuck in Chicago O'Hare forever (that is a scary fate). So to not get nervous I finished two papers as well as jotted down cute/funny/nice moments as I people watched.


-The security ID checker person looked at my ID and wished me an early birthday. It made my day.

-A little boy looked at the long line for his flight and commented "That must be a long plane."

-Same line - An infant and her older sister were crawling in front of me making dinosaur noises.

-A little red head boy was walking with his parents when he suddenly stopped and stared at the poster next to me. "A go-ada mamma! A go-ada" I leaned over and saw that it was a gorilla and giggled to myself.

-The lens cap for my camera came off as I was putting my backpack in the over head bin and woman picked it up and handed it to me as I turned around to find it

-Multi-lingual conversation at Chicago O'Hare. I heard Chinese, Italian (a bunch of Italian old men walked past me-I laughed), Russian, Spanish, Scottish (yes that is a language in some cases like this one), and German.

-Two Chicago O'Hare workers were pushing two wheel chairs and holding onto two kids hands. One of the wheel chairs held a stuffed monkey

-Lost groups of people. One basketball team walked past me three times.

-Pilots and flight attendants hugging each other after not seeing each other for a long time.

-Chicago O'Hare during the holidays looks the same way it did in Home Alone.

-When I landed in Toledo a family was waiting for a service man who was on the same flight. He was greeted with a hug and a kiss. And then a hug by each family member. I heard his grandma say "We love you so much." I almost cried right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment