Sunday, August 30, 2009

1st week reflections

So I've finished my first week of my Junior year. Btw that in itself blows my mind. This will be my 3rd year of college that means (if all goes as planned) I only have one year after this, 3 semesters after this one and one more internship. All of that is out of my realm of understanding.

I have several funny profs and one really nice one that I'm sure I'll enjoy. I also have one dry but funny prof and one BORING prof. Hopefully it gets better for that class. It's the basics of digital imaging...I wish it wasn't a required class. One of my profs (who is a friend of mine) just got married so I actually won't see him for a while. But all in all this semester will be a lot of work but I think it will be a very interesting one as well.

I have an apartment. My first ever. The first week I moved in it felt hotter than Florida (imagine that). But now it is in the high 60's/low 70's and that is just too cold for the end of the "Summer." I like having my own room. It's already partially a mess with my books and graphic design work but oh well.

The part of the room used for studying...hahahaha.

Coco likes his new home and his new friends.

I finally saw (500) Days of Summer. It was amazing!!!!!!! See it. Right now. You still here? Oh well. See it sometime. It's sweet and really really creative. I also saw Miyazaki's new work, Ponyo. It was cute. Like My Neighbor Totoro cute. So if you into sugary sweet goodness see it.

I am very happy to be back in the CRU community here and I have already started to carve niches out for myself. I have already made one video, organized and ran the slides, and met so many new people. My head could explode but it would be a good explosion (if that is possible). In this time being back I find that I can talk to new people a lot easier. Which is a huge blessing because I used to be so anxious about talking to new people. I'm pretty sure my summer helped me with that. I really like meeting new people and getting them plugged into community.

Even through all this God is definitely teaching me about disappointment. Cuz once again I'm forming my own plans and that dark feeling of disappointment shows up when the don't work out. So it's learning that my plans aren't all that important and that whatever happens is within God's plan and I should be happy with that.

So this week was full of lessons and readjusting and since I like lists here is my list of things for the first week.
1. Open windows + fans = rain flying into room soaking bed
2. When people walk into a room with no desk they assume you're lazy
3. English dubbing does not do justice to Miyazaki films especially when you throw in a Cyrus and a Jonas into the mix.
4. Having roommates who like to cook is a good thing.
5. Rain + flipflops = don't even try to get to class on time.
6. Video editing late into the night isn't conducive to waking up early for a 8:30 class.
7. There is a song on my ipod for every mood.
8. If staring into the sky and walking to class without running into anything was possible I would do it all the time.
9. If you don't want more responsibility don't pull off a 2.5 minute video in 3 days.
10. Some profs are serious when they tell you that their nickname is "King."

No comments:

Post a Comment