Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Disconnection

So I'm back in much cooler Columbia, MO. It's impressive how much a few degrees can feel infinitely cooler. I do have to say that I am feeling a slight disconnect. I had lunch with friends and there were no hugs...I gave/recieved hugs all the time in Orlando so part of my heart was sad. I'm also feeling a disconnect from God. I've been so exhausted/on the road the past few days and I haven't gotten to just dive into the Word and talk to God. I need to be able to feel connected at all times (I'll blame part of this on my awful laryngitis/sinus cold - I tend to whine and be emotional when I'm sick and then I feel like I'm not honoring God as much as I should).
I had an awesome send off on Thursday with a messy cubicle, a mohawk and a sweet cake.

My cube

My entrance into by goodbye party

My cake. One of the guys I worked with decided on the words because of my rotoscoping.

God really blessed me with sweet people who cared about me and I miss them so much already. I tied up loose ends with video projects and taught my boss how to apply "remove grain" to HD JESUS Film. And my pal the flying monkey came home with me :D I didn't truly cry until I was with my family on Saturday.
Speaking of family they came on Friday and they took a tour of the J Film and were really impressed. It really is a hidden treasure of the ministry world. We went out to sushi with the Warneke's who were kind enough to let me stay with them all summer. We went to Downtown Disney to finish off the night. It was a lot of fun just to spend time with them...wandering. The next day we went for an early morning visit to the beach and to Ron Jon. I'm pretty sure the beach was my brother's favorite part of the whole day. We went to Universal Studios afterwards. It was good to finish off the summer with something touristy. :P
My brother at the beach.

The family at Universal

I was really really blessed by my time at the JESUS Film this summer. I learned so much about God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, the Bible, myself, loving others, and especially I learned a lot about video. I was so blessed by everyone one I had contact with and I pray that this won't be the last time I see them. I would like to thank YOU. To those who have prayed for me. To those who have supported me financially. To those who have read this and laughed with me. I thank you for joining in this journey. It's not over yet. It's just being diverted for a little while. To Ohio. I'm sure it'll be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment